All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, blended, or in person.
View the College COVID-19 Restart Plan
Thanks to the support of donors to our endowment, the Collin College Foundation is able to offer a transfer scholarship to select students who are completing their associate degrees here at Collin College and who will continue their higher education journeys at one of our university partners.
Applications are accepted mid-January through March each year. Awards are announced each May.
- Do you have a 3.5 GPA or higher?
- Will you have completed 60 hours at Collin College by the end of May?
- Are you transferring to a 4-year partner University in Fall?
If you answered "YES" to all of the above, please continue.
Funded by the estate of World War II Veteran Royden L. Lebrecht and the Hites Foundation, the Lebrecht Hites Family Transfer Scholarship provides $2,500 per semester for four semesters to Collin College students who are continuing to work toward their educational goals at one of our "partner institutions."
- The Lebrecht Hites Transfer Scholarship is offered to students once per year who will
be transferring to one of the following institutions:
- Austin College
- Baylor University
- Dallas Baptist University
- Southern Methodist University
- Texas A&M Commerce
- Texas Tech
- Texas Women's University
- Texas Wesleyan
- University of Texas at Dallas
- University of North Texas
- To qualify for theLebrecht Hites Family Transfer Scholarship, applicants must meet
the following criteria:
- 3.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale (PLUS, if awarded, the recipient must maintain a 2.75 GPA or higher the first semester at the transfer institution and 3.0 GPA or higher in all subsequent semesters)
- Complete 60 hours at Collin College by the end of May
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a Collin College faculty member
- Be a member of the honors program or have taken honors courses
- Has been highly involved or held a leadership role in a student group or community organization.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, preferably a Collin County Resident
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THROUGH THE COLLIN COLLEGE FOUNDATION.
If you are transferring to UTD to pursue a degree in STEM, please contact the UTD Admissions office.