Thanks to the generosity of individual, corporate, foundation, alumni donors and many more, the Collin College Foundation is able to offer scholarships to outstanding students right here in our community. The foundation awards annual scholarships of $500 - $3,000 to upwards of 700 students each year!
Ask the Scholarship Lady!
Click here for helpful tips and tricks for writing your scholarship application from our expert, Scholarship Coordinator Kim Dalfonso!
READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE CLICKING ON THE LINK
Scholarship applications for Fall 2019 are currently open until March 31. Students can apply using the link to the application: SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION .
NOTE: you must have a valid cougarmail email address before applying for a scholarship.
Scholarship awards are not based on a first come-first submitted basis. but on a variety of factors including program major, academics, residency, financial need, community service, and more.
We welcome all admitted Collin College students to apply who will be taking at least 6 (preferably 9) credit hours per semester, have at least a 2.5 GPA and are actively pursuing their associate degrees at Collin College.
Transfer scholarships are available for students who are completing 50+ hours at Collin College and transferring to one of our partner Universities. See link to the left of this screen.
The Foundation does not offer scholarships for Continuing Education, non credit hour classes, Athletics, wintermester only classes, summer only classes, dual enrolled students or dual credit students below HS senior level.
All applicants will complete the general application and will be matched to opportunities to which they qualify. Students can browse available opportunities but are unable to apply to specific opportunities.
Award notifications will be sent via email in Mid-May. Students should check their emails often during May, including spam, clutter and junk.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I be notified if I am awarded a scholarship for Fall 2019?
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of their awards via email in Mid-May. Applicants
who do not get chosen to receive an award may or may not be notified.
If I don't receive a scholarship for Fall, when is the next time I can apply?
- The Spring 2020 Scholarship Application Cycle will open in September.
If I won a scholarship, how and when can I buy books or supplies?
- Click here for a Tip Sheet on books and supplies.
What should I do before I apply for a scholarship?
- Before you apply for a Collin College Foundation Scholarship, please make sure you
have done the following:
- Secured your College-Wide ID Number through Admissions to Collin College
- Received a valid CougarMail email address from the Admissions office
- Double-checked the standard scholarship criteria to make sure that you qualify
Do I qualify for a scholarship?
- To qualify for most scholarships, students must meet the foundation's standard scholarship criteria:
- Have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Commit to six credit hours or more during each semester (fall and spring)
- Be in good academic standing
- Be a U.S. Citizen or International Student
- High School Dual Credit Students must be high school seniors
Any tips to make my scholarship application more competitive?
Are there scholarships for students who are graduating or transferring?
- Thanks to our generous donors, the foundation awards two transfer scholarships EACH
- The Lebrecht-Hites Transfer Scholarship, awarded to a student transferring to a Texas four-year college or university
- The HiTECC Scholarship, awarded to five students who graduated from a PISD school, are majoring in a STEM fieldand, have finished 2 years at Collin College and are transferring to UT Dallas.
- More criteria for both of these scholarships is available on our Transfer Scholarship page.
How much is a foundation scholarship and how do I receive it?
- The Collin College Foundation awards upwards of 700 scholarships each academic year. Some scholarship amounts vary, but the majority of foundation scholarships are $1,250. Any funds not spent by the end of the academic year are returned to the foundation.