Thanks to the generosity of individual, corporate, foundation, alumni donors and many
more, the Collin College Foundation offers scholarships to deserving students right
here in our community. The foundation awards over 600 annual and endowed scholarships
valued from $500 to $3,000 twice each academic year!
The open application cycle for fall scholarships for the general student population is currently closed, please check back with us Sept 15 - Oct 31 for the Spring 2022 application cycle.
New fall NURSING Program Students ONLY: apply until 11:59pm Sunday July 25 at: APPLY HERE
When the cycle is open, students complete one general application and are matched with opportunites to which they qualify. The Foundation only offers one scholarship per student per academic year.
There are no SAT or ACT scores, letters of recommendations or transcripts required.
Ask the Scholarship Lady!
CLICK HERE for helpful tips for completing this scholarship application or email KDalfonso@collin.edu with any questions.
All applicants must have the following MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Scholarship awards are not based on a first come-first submitted basis. We recommend taking your time to complete the applications and its essays.
Neither the Foundation nor the College offers scholarships based strictly on GPA.
Foundation scholarships are awarded based upon a variety of factors including program major, academics, residency, financial need, community service, and overall content of your essays/application.
The application consists of thirteen general questions and three essays questions. Proper grammar and spelling are extremely important when completing the essays.
International students are welcome to apply and may be eligible to receive general fund scholarships.
Transfer scholarships are available for each fall - not Spring. See details and the link on the left side of this page.
The Foundation does not offer scholarships for:
All applicants who complete the general application will be matched to opportunities to which they qualify. The Opportunities page is not a complete list of available scholarships. The list is continually updated. Students can browse available opportunities but are unable to apply to specific opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I be notified if I am awarded a scholarship for Fall?
- Those students chosen to receive awards will be notified via email from mid-May through
the end of June. Applicants who do not get chosen to receive an award may or may
not receive notifications.
If I don't receive a scholarship for Fall, when is the next time I can apply?
- Spring 2022 scholarship application cycle will open in Sept 15 through Oct 31, 2021.
If I won a scholarship, how will it be applied and when can I buy books?
- Once all recipients have accepted their awards, an email will be sent with full details and FAQs.
What should I do before I apply for a scholarship?
- Before you apply for a scholarship, please make sure you have done the following:
- Read the "Ask the Scholarship Lady" helpful tips
- Receive a valid Collin College issued email address from Admissions
- Make sure you meet or exceed the minimum requirements
Any tips to make my scholarship application more competitive?
- Yes! Check out our Tip Sheets on how to apply and how to write great essays. Take your time to complete the application. Use the help screens on each question. Save the application then go back several times to make revisions.
Are there scholarships for students who are graduating or transferring?
- For Fall only: Thanks to our generous donors, the foundation awards two transfer scholarships
for Fall funding:
- The Lebrecht-Hites Transfer Scholarship awards two students a transfer scholarship to one of our partner Universities. Must have a 3.5 GPA ro higher.
- More criteria for these scholarships is available on our Transfer Scholarship page.
How much is a foundation scholarship and how do I receive it?
- The Collin College Foundation awards upwards of 600 scholarships each academic year. Some scholarship amounts vary, but the majority of foundation scholarships are $1,500. Any funds not spent by the end of the academic year are returned to the foundation.