All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
CCSH Exam Preparation BRPT-Approved STAR Program
The Certification in Clinical Sleep Health (CCSH) Exam Preparation course (PSGT 1091) reviews the fundamentals of polysomnography while introducing the healthcare professional to the role of the clinical sleep health professional. The course consists of 14 modules of instruction and concludes with a 100-question final exam formatted similarly to the CCSH exam.
- Sleep architecture and variations in normal sleep
- Pathophysiology, epidemiology, and clinical presentation of abnormal sleep
- Sleep disorder clinical presentation criteria
- Sleep and medical history
- Impact of co-morbid conditions
- Questionnaires, surveys, and diagnostic testing
- Evaluation of treatment
- Patient and family education
- Sleep hygiene
- Collaborative sleep programs
- Performance improvement and quality
- Sleep disorders as a public health issue
- Technology in education
- Evaluation in healthcare education
Students have up to 8 weeks to complete all modules and the final exam. If students earn an average of 75% on all course quizzes and earn a minimum of 75% on the final exam, they will be provided a certificate of completion that can be used to apply for Pathway #3 of the BRPT’s CCSH exam (BRPT STAR Program # CSS002). The course is also eligible for 48 continuing sleep technology education credits that have been approved by the BRPT as long as the student meets the requirements to receive the certificate of completion for the course as outlined above.
Cost is $250.
Our next two course offerings for PSGT 1091 are as follows:
- The AUG section will start August 8, 2022. This section is listed under the Cont Ed Summer 2022 (May-Aug) section of the schedule. The CRN is 75510.
- The FA1 section will start October 10, 2022. This section is listed under the Cont Ed Fall 2022 (Aug-Dec) section of the schedule. The CRN is 70200.
Students who have not taken Continuing Education courses at Collin College must first complete a Continuing Education application by going to this link and follow the instructions: Application for New CE Students - Collin College
To get on the notification list for the next available section of this course, please submit your contact information HERE.