Dean of Students Office
We are advocates for student success within an interdependent, safe, and respectful community while upholding academic integrity and responsible behavior through a fair and consistent process.
Areas of Responsibility:
- referrals and resolution for student complaints;
- training for students and faculty;
- appropriate on- and off-campus resources to support students' educational goals;
- support and resources for students affected by assault, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, sexual harassment, sexual violence, and stalking; and
- assistance to Collin College administration and the Collin College Police Department in maintaining the safety and security of the campus community.
The Dean of Students Office protects the integrity and safety of the institution by
the Student Code of Conduct is upheld by the student body;
students are able to learn and faculty are able to teach in a comfortable, safe environment that is free from disruptions;
students are held accountable for their behavior;
students' rights are upheld and Collin College policies and procedures are followed;
the academic integrity of the institution is maintained; and
students involved in the disciplinary process are treated in a fair and consistent manner.
As stated in the Student Code of Conduct, "Collin College expects its students to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects credit upon the institution they represent" (2017-2018 Student Handbook, p. 70). Therefore, it is each student's responsibility to be familiar with the Student Code of Conduct, which can be found in the current student handbook. All students are expected to read and comply with the Student Code of Conduct.
Office Hours: Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Collin Higher Education Center (CHEC)
Terrence Brennan, Dean of Students
Karla Pilcher, Assistant to the Dean of Students
Cheri Jack, Associate Dean of Students
Amy Throop, Associate Dean of Students
Carie Dippel, Associate Dean of Students
Joe Guy, Student Conduct Officer