eCollin Learning Centers (eLC)
Student Canvas Resources
Begin exploring Canvas! Learn how to navigate and use its tools and features.
- Student Canvas Overview [VIDEO]
- Canvas System Requirements
Find the basic computer system requirements needed to use Canvas.
- Canvas Browser Support
Learn about the browsers, settings and other web components necessary to use various tools and functions in Canvas.
- Canvas Status
Check the status of current Canvas issues.
- Canvas on your mobile device!
- Canvas Student Guides
Find answers to common questions about Canvas.
- Online Resources
Get links to academic, technical and other student resources at Collin College.
- Keep all postings to class‐related content, such as the textbook readings, videos, and assignments.
- Use caution when discussing personal matters; the discussion board is for general comments.
- Ask each other for advice, suggestions, and tips to improve the quality of class work.
- Encourage each member of the class to do the best work possible.
- Don't challenge or attack others; the discussions are meant to stimulate conversation, not create contention.
- Avoid all defamatory, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials; do not post anything in a message that you would not want the world to see, or you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Avoid using the discussion board as a forum for complaints; any relevant issues should be brought to the professor's attention in a private e‐mail.
- Don't use inappropriate language toward other students and/or the professor.
Any violation of the standards of appropriate behavior online will be reported to the Dean of Students and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken by the college.