Campus facilities are closed until further notice. Limited in-person appointments
Stay informed: COVID-19 Updates and FAQS
eCollin Learning Centers (eLC)
Student Canvas Resources
Begin exploring Canvas! Learn how to navigate and use its tools and features.
- Student Canvas Overview [VIDEO]
- Canvas System Requirements
Find the basic computer system requirements needed to use Canvas.
- Canvas Browser Support
Learn about the browsers, settings and other web components necessary to use various tools and functions in Canvas.
- Canvas Status
Check the status of current Canvas issues.
- Canvas on your mobile device!
- Canvas Student Guides
Find answers to common questions about Canvas.
- Help Desk
Get links to academic, technical and other student resources at Collin College.
- It is your responsibility to have your Canvas Notifications set up to receive course alerts. It's your choice if you receive notifications via text, app, or email. It is essential that you make sure you are receiving (and reading!) course announcements, new course content, grades and conversations at the very minimum.
- Keep all postings to class‐related content, such as the textbook readings, videos, and assignments.
- Use caution when discussing personal matters; the discussion board is for general comments.
- Ask each other for advice, suggestions, and tips to improve the quality of class work.
- Encourage each member of the class to do the best work possible.
- Don't challenge or attack others; the discussions are meant to stimulate conversation, not create contention.
- Avoid all defamatory, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials; do not post anything in a message that you would not want the world to see, or you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Avoid using the discussion board as a forum for complaints; any relevant issues should be brought to the professor's attention in a private e‐mail.
- Don't use inappropriate language toward other students and/or the professor.
Any violation of the standards of appropriate behavior online will be reported to the Dean of Students and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken by the college.