Campus facilities are closed until further notice. Limited in-person appointments
Stay informed: COVID-19 Updates and FAQS
Collin County Community College District (Collin College) maintains a position classification structure with pay ranges for all positions within the college.
Staff and Administrator Salary Ranges/Job Descriptions
Individual employee compensation is established within the minimum and maximum of the appropriate salary range.
- Staff/Administrator Salary Ranges Chart - FY 2020
- Staff/Administrator Salary Ranges Chart - FY2019
- Job Descriptions with Salary Ranges
Full-time staff and administrator positions are grouped into one of the following job families:
Staff Exempt (EX)
Staff Non-Exempt (NE)
Part-time Staff Non-Exempt (PT)
Staff Compensation Procedures/Guidelines
- Staff Compensation Plan Administrative Procedures Guide
- Guidelines and Maximum Work Hours for Part-Time Positions at Collin College (Updating)
- FLSA/Time Sheet Guidelines
- Non-Exempt Travel Time Reporting Guidelines
Faculty Compensation Procedures and Guidelines
- Full-time Faculty Hiring Salary Guidelines
- Adjunct Faculty (Part-time) Compensation Chart and Payroll Schedule
- Faculty Load Compensation Guidelines
- Faculty Absence Procedures
Compensation Review/Job Description Change Request Processes
Classification of New Positions
New positions must have a written job description and must be classified in the pay system prior to opening and posting the position. HR Compensation will establish the salary range classification of new positions based on
- job qualifications and required skills,
- compensable factors utilized in the point factor job evaluation system
- job duties and responsibilities defined by the college, and
- market value for the job.
HR will only consider requests for reclassification of positions when:
- a department is being reorganized and the duties of the positions are being shifted,
- there will be significant and sustained changes to the position, and/or
- when the college is unable to recruit qualified applicants for the position because of its current classification.
An employee in a position that is being reclassified may be automatically placed into the reclassified position if the reclassified position retains 50% or more of the overall responsibilities of the former position and the employee meets the minimum qualifications for the reclassified position.
If the reclassified position retains less than 50% of the overall responsibilities of the former position, the reclassified position is considered a new position and must be posted.
A Request for Compensation Review Form must be submitted to Compensation to initiate the review process. This form is to be completed by a supervisor requesting evaluation of a new position.
Job Description Change Requests
A manager may request changes to an existing job description at any time during the year. To submit a request to HR Compensation, please complete the Job Description Change Request Form.
Requests must be submitted by the supervisor of the position (rather than the person in the position). All requests will be reviewed by HR and you will be notified of the results within 30 days.
If you have any questions regarding the salary structures, job descriptions, compensation online forms and/or the compensation review process, please contact Larry Robertson at (972) 599-3160 or Monica Barron at (972) 599-3108 for further assistance.
Other Compensation Forms and Payroll Links
- TimeClock Plus (TCP) (For TCP instructions and related information log into CougarWeb -> My Workplace -> Business Administrative Services -> Payroll-TimeClock Plus menu to view TCP Instructions and web site log-in links)
- Agreement for Summer Teaching Assignments With Formula Pay
- Application for Leave Form (Associate Faculty and Part-time Staff complete this form for Leave without Pay, Jury Duty, or Military Leave only)
- Faculty Payroll Election Form (Please print the form, sign it and return it to Cherie Hill, Human Resources, CHEC for processing.)
- Mid-Term Course Reassignment Worksheet Termination - PURPLE FORM
- Payroll Forms and Information (CougarWeb -> My Workplace -> Business Administrative Services > Payroll)
- Substitute Payment Form