Purchasing and Bid Opportunities
- Less than $4,999.99 One (1) current price quote is obtained by the requesting Department.
- Grant purchases with a value of $3,500 up to $5,000 should follow the same requirements as the $5,000-$14,999.99 threshold below.
- $5,000-$14,999.99 will require three (3) quotes. All quotes must be referenced on the requisition in CougarMart. Quotes may be received over the phone or via email. Purchasing provides a form, available on the Purchasing Intranet page to document the quotes received via phone: (http://purchasing/bidopps/Quote_Form_9-15-2016.pdf). Quotes may be obtained by the requesting department or by the Purchasing Department.
- $15,000-$49,999.99 will require three (3) written quotes. All quotes must be attached to the requisition in CougarMart. Quotes may be obtained by the requesting department or the Purchasing Department.
- $50,000 and Over require a formal solicitation issued by the Purchasing Department with legal notice posted in the newspaper and must be approved by the Board of Trustees prior to an order being placed.
Vendors' interested in doing business with Collin will find bid opportunities posted on the college district’s website by clicking on the "View Bid Opportunities" link at the top of this page.
Collin College utilizes this website and the McKinney Courier Gazette (www.courier-gazette.com) for notification of bid opportunities. These are the only forms of notification authorized by the College District, other than direct distribution from a Collin Purchasing staff member. Collin shall not be responsible for receipt of notification and information received from any other source other than those listed. It shall be the vendor’s responsibility to verify the validity of all bid information received by sources other than those listed.
"Collin encourages participation in the solicitation process by small, minority and female-owned businesses. Collin does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status."