Seniors Active in Learning
Welcome to SAIL
Seniors Active in Learning (SAIL) is a community of life-long learners—participating in organized study, discussion, and social events through Collin College.
Summer 2019 classes begin Monday, June 3rd!
Fall 2019 is right around the corner!
August 5 Schedule available to preview online
August 16 Collin College Campuses Closed
August 19 Fall registration begins
September 2 Labor Day Holiday; All campuses closed
September 3 Fall 2019 classes begin
- SAIL provides educational opportunities for seniors (55+) in a relaxed, conversational environment.
- We offer classes in the fall, spring, and summer terms, and sponsor social activities throughout the year.
- Affordably priced per term-Membership/Course Fees.
- Conveniently scheduled classes with free parking.
- Want to get even more involved? You could teach a class or volunteer with SAIL!
What is the mission of SAIL?
SAIL participants are here for the sheer joy of learning something new and becoming
more informed. The SAIL community includes talented instructors, college professors,
and business leaders with categorical expertise in a myriad of subject areas. Students
learn from each other, hear and consider opposing ideas, integrate the expertise of
the instructor, and ultimately synthesize new knowledge, opinions, and views.
- Ages 55 and up
- No degree required
- Classes are non-credit—no tests, grades or papers to write
- No residency requirements
- Special social events and guest lectures
- Courses available at the Courtyard Center, Preston Ridge Campus, and Collin Higher Education Center
- $100 per fall/spring semester for up to seven courses
- $20 in summer for unlimited courses
- Guest lectures do not count towards the seven course maximum
Choose from a variety of course topics:
- Literature and writing
- Art appreciation
- Music and film
- Social sciences
- Mah Jongg and Bridge
- Current events discussions and lectures