Credit by examination is subject to the following general limitations:
- Must be a currently enrolled student or enrolled with the past year at Collin College.
- A maximum of 18 semester hours of credit earned by examination at this institution or elsewhere will be transcripted.
- Credit by examination will not be transcripted until the student has accumulated 6 semester hours at Collin College.
- Credit earned by examination may not be earned in any course for which the student has previously received a grade, either at this institution or elsewhere. (Grades of 'F' and 'W' are included)
- Credit previously applied at another institution of higher education does not automatically transfer to Collin.
- Credits earned by examination are not included in the computation of grade point average.
- Collin will award up to 24 hours of course specific college credit in subject appropriate areas on all IB exams with diploma.
Credit will be awarded according the the policies in place at the time the exam is taken. Students must contact the Director of Testing Office at 972-548-6794 in order to receive credit for any CLEP, AP, IB or departmental exam.