The Plano Campus (Spring Creek) is closed through Sunday, March 14th due to weather
damage. All classes at the Plano Campus (Spring Creek) will be online until further
notice and students should contact their professors with any questions.
View College COVID-19 Information
Credit By Exam
Credit By Exam
Collin College awards college credit on the basis of a variety of departmental and nationally available examinations. The examinations utilized are:
Credit by examination is subject to the following general limitations:
- Must be a currently enrolled student or enrolled with the past year at Collin College.
- A maximum of 75% of your degree requirements (approximately 45 hours) can be earned by examination.
- Credit by examination will not be transcripted until the student has accumulated three (3) semester credit hours at Collin College.
- Credit earned by examination may not be earned in any course for which the student has previously received a grade, either at this institution or elsewhere. (Grades of 'F' and 'W' are included)
- Credit previously applied at another institution of higher education does not automatically transfer to Collin.
- Credits earned by examination are not included in the computation of grade point average.
Credit will be awarded according to the policies in place at the time the exam is taken. Students must email email@example.com in order to receive credit for any CLEP, AP, IB or departmental exam.