Collin College’s Office of External Relations serves to advance the strategic goals and legislative objectives of the college so that it may deliver on its vision of delivering a brighter future for our students and communities.
Texas’ 50 community colleges represent the greatest segment of higher education in the state, with more than 70% of all Texas freshmen and sophomores enrolled, and are a prime contributor to economic activity in their respective service regions.
About Collin College
- Collin College has had sustained growth over its 38-year history, but the last eight years have been remarkable. Now serving more than 56,000 students and maintaining a reputation for academic excellence, it offers an unmatched combination of award-winning programs and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Collin College has the lowest in-district tuition of any of the 50 community college districts in the state, and the second-lowest tax-rate.
- In addition to the iCollin Virtual Campus, the college district has 11 locations in Allen, Celina, Farmersville, Frisco, McKinney, Plano, Rockwall, and Wylie. Collectively, the district comprises more than 3,000,000 square feet. More information about our locations may be found at www.collin.edu/campuses/.
- Most significantly, the college successfully pursued a level change from an associate degree-granting institution to a baccalaureate degree-granting institution, offering Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Applied Technology in Cybersecurity, Bachelor of Applied Science in Construction Management degrees, with a fourth baccalaureate degree under development.
- Collin College’s five-year Master and Strategic Plans for 2020-2025 are well underway with priorities and goals that are designed to help accomplish the goals outlined in the State of Texas 60x30TX Strategic Higher Education Plan.
- The college holds the distinction of being a National Center of Excellence in Nursing Education. Collin College was the first in the state to win the designation when the NLN awarded it to the college in 2011. The college’s Center of Excellence designation was renewed in 2015 and again in 2020. It’s now one of just four in Texas and remains the only community college in the state with the designation.
Learn more key information about Collin College.