The Plano Campus is closed through Sunday, March 14th due to weather damage. All classes
at the Plano Campus will be online until further notice and students should contact
their professors with any questions.
View College COVID-19 Information
Compact With Texans
Compact With Texans
Collin County Community College District is a student and community-centered institution committed to developing skills, strengthening character, and challenging the intellect. We are a public, comprehensive community college district with campuses in Collin County and provide services to Rockwall County and parts of Denton County.
Through our campuses, centers and programs, Collin College fulfills its statutory charge to provide:
- Academic courses in the arts and sciences to transfer to senior institutions.
- Technical programs, leading to associate degrees or certificates, designed to develop marketable skills and promote economic development.
- Continuing adult education programs for academic, professional, occupational and cultural enhancement.
- Developmental education and literacy programs designed to improve the basic skills of students.
- A program of student development services and learning resources designed to assist individuals in achieving their educational and career goals.
- Workforce, economic, and community development initiatives designed to meet local and statewide needs.
- Other purposes as may be directed by the Collin Board of Trustees and/or the laws of the State of Texas.
Collin Core Values:
We have a passion for:
- Service and Involvement
- Creativity and Innovation
- Academic Excellence
- Dignity and Respect
The College’s Internet site is designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate with up-to-date information that is useful to our students and community members. The site offers key contact names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for customers seeking information about the College. The site clearly identifies the date that information is updated. The home page for Collin College is www.collin.edu.
Consistent with our Core Values, college faculty and staff respond to requests for information as close to the time of the request as possible and provide updates about unavoidable wait times and offer other options to meet their needs.
Published information, brochures, catalogs, class schedules, and any other information printed and/or published by the College to promote the College or to inform the public about the College, are published in a professional and timely manner and will be up-to-date and accurate.
Customer Service Performance Measures:
Bi-annual surveys are conducted to measure student satisfaction with the services of the college.