Thanks to the generosity of individual, corporate, foundation, alumni donors and many
more, the Collin College Foundation offers scholarships to deserving students right
here in our Collin County community. We award over 600 scholarships each academic
year to help degree seeking students cover the cost of tuition, fees and books!
Scholarship applications are currently closed.
Next application cycle opens in Fall 2023.
READ BELOW BEFORE CLICKING ON THE APPLICATION LINK. Minimum requirements:
1) 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA or equivalent at other institution
2) Agree to take 6 or more credit hours each semester
3) Have a current/valid Collin College student account with no registration or cashier holds
4) Classified on student account as degree or certificate seeking student
5) Have a valid/current North Texas mailing address on your student account
6) If high school student, must be a senior. taking at least two dual credit classes
The Foundation DOES NOT OFFER scholarships for any of the following:
* Students taking continuing education classes
*Students registered as non-degree seekin or taking non credit classes
* Scholarships based on athletic performance or artistic performance
* Summer or wintermester only classes
* Dual enrolled students (taking classes at Collin College + 4-year University)
* High school freshman, sophomores or juniors
* To cover the cost of housing or meals
Students complete one general application and are matched with opportunities to which they qualify. The Foundation only offers one scholarship per student per academic year.
There are no SAT or ACT scores, letters of recommendations or transcripts required.
Ask the Scholarship Lady!
CLICK HERE for helpful tips for completing this scholarship application or email ScholarshipCoordinator@collin.edu with any questions.
Scholarship awards are not based on a first come-first basis. We recommend taking your time to complete the application and the essays.
Neither the Foundation nor the College offers scholarships based strictly on GPA or
Foundation scholarships are awarded based upon a variety of factors including program major, academics, residency, financial need, community service, and overall content of your essays/application.
The application consists of eighteen general questions and three essay questions. Proper grammar and spelling are extremely important when completing the essays.
International students and Non-U.S. citizens are welcome to apply and may be eligible to receive general fund scholarships.
Transfer scholarships are available each fall - not Spring. See details and the link on the left side of this page.
All applicants who complete the general application will be matched to opportunities to which they qualify. The Opportunities page is not a complete list of available scholarships. The list is continually updated. Students can browse available opportunities but are unable to apply to specific opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I be notified if I am awarded a scholarship for Fall?
- Those students chosen to receive awards will be notified via email from mid-May through
the end of June. Applicants who do not get chosen to receive an award may or may
not receive notifications.
If I don't receive a Fall 2023 scholarship, when is the next time I can apply?
- Spring 2024 applications will be accepted mid-Sept through the end of October, 2023.
If I won a scholarship, how will it be applied and when can I buy books?
- Once all recipients have accepted their awards, an email will be sent with full details and FAQs.
What should I do before I apply for a scholarship?
- Before you apply for a scholarship, please make sure you have done the following:
- Read the "Ask the Scholarship Lady" helpful tips
- Receive a valid Collin College issued email address from Admissions
- Make sure you meet or exceed the minimum requirements
Any tips to make my scholarship application more competitive?
- Yes! Check out our Tip Sheets on how to apply and how to write great essays. Take your time to complete the application. Use the help screens on each question. Save the application then go back several times to make revisions.
Are there scholarships for students who are graduating or transferring?
- For Fall only (Jan - March): we offer a transfer scholarship:
- The Lebrecht-Hites Transfer Scholarship awards two students a transfer scholarship to one of our partner Universities. Must have a 3.5 GPA or higher, have completed 50+ hours and have taken honors classes.
- More criteria for these scholarships is available on our Transfer Scholarship page.
How much is a foundation scholarship and how do I receive it?
- The Collin College Foundation awards upwards of 600 scholarships each academic year. Some scholarship amounts vary, but the majority of foundation scholarships are $1,500 for the academic year. Any funds not spent by the end of the academic year are returned to the foundation.
- If you still have questions regarding Collin College Foundation scholarships, please contact ScholarshipCoordinator@collin.edu OR 972.599.3147