All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
1. Please review the information on the Respiratory Care website. Questions may be sent to the Program Director.
2. Complete the pre-requisites. All Science classes must be completed within 5 years of the start date of the fall semester during the program admission year. HPRS 1204 must be taken within two years of the first day of class in the fall semester.
3. Complete as many general education requirements (all non-RSPT classes in the curriculum).
Completion of these courses will greatly improve the quality of your application.
4. Earn the highest GPA possible for the general education courses listed in our curriculum. The GPA average plays a major role in the admission process.
5. Attend a Program Information Session in the admission year. Multiple sessions are scheduled between September and May.
6. BEFORE the application deadline, send official transcripts from all previous colleges attended to: Respiratory Care Program Director --Office H207, Collin College Central Park Campus 2200 West University Drive, McKinney, Texas 75071. If you are NEW to Collin, please submit transcripts to the Admissions Office first. If you are already a student at Collin, you must re-submit official transcripts to the Respiratory Program.
7. The PSB is no longer required. Instructions on the replacement test will be published soon.
8. Print and complete the Respiratory Care program application located on the program website. After reviewing the application packet, return it to the address listed above by 5:00 PM on the second Friday in May of the admission year. **Courses still in progress will be considered for selective scoring.
What Happens Next?
The Program Director and program staff will evaluate the applications and select 26 applicants who qualify. Alternates, if any, will be identified at this time as well. Alternates will be notified of their status during June or July and further instructions will be provided to complete the admission process at that time.