7/16/18, 7:45 p.m. -- Power has been restored on our Spring Creek Campus in Plano.
Classes will resume and offices will open as scheduled on Tuesday, 7/17.
Designing Dreams! Creating Futures!
Collin College Career Centers equip and empower students for success in the workforce and provide resources for the community.
Career Centers are located on all Collin College campuses. For questions, or to schedule an appointment, please call the appropriate campus listed at the right, or email email@example.com. Student walk-ins are welcomed and encouraged.
MISSION and PURPOSE
Collin College Career Centers connect students' interests with: selecting a course of study, exploring and planning a career, and developing job search skills and strategies so that they will be able to obtain a high skilled, high wage, high demand occupation or profession that compliments their interests, education, training and goals.
Collin College Career Centers utilize numerous methods of equipping and empowering workforce candidates.
- Academic planning and mentoring
- Career and degree exploration
- Interactive workshops
- Career readiness competencies and skills training
- Online tools and resources
- One on one career coaching
- Personal counseling
- Classroom presentations
- Career and job fairs
- Employer information session
- Personality, interest, and skills assessments
- Job search tools
- Other resources for long term success
SERVICESSelf Awareness and Discovery
- MyPlan (Obtain college code at your campus Career Center.)
- Strengths Quest Workshops. (Click on www.orgsync.com and register for Collin College events.)
- MyPlan (Obtain college code from your campus Career Center.)
- Candid Career
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Coach to further explore academic and career option.
- Career Exploration Fairs and events
- Employability Skills Workshops
- Career Readiness Competencies Workshops
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Oral/Written Communication
- Digital Technology
- Professional/Work Ethic
- Career Management
- Global and Intercultural Fluency
- LINKED IN
- Employer Information Sessions
- Networking Events
- Job Fairs
- Career Exploration Fairs
Career coaches work one on one with students to:
- Provide resources for informed decisions
- Assess student career goals to specific academic and workforce programs to achieve a degree.
- Licensed professional counselors offer in-depth personal discovery that may include one's awareness of the interaction between career choice, personality, interests, career knowledge, values, and life situations.
- Students may also work with personal counselors on the Myers Briggs Type Indicator assessment and the Strong Inventory assessment.
Classroom Presentations and Mini-Workshops
- Faculty requesting in-classroom presentations and/or mini workshops may contact their campus Career Center manager directly.