FALL 2013 Weekend College classes are available for registration. Refer to listing of classes in "Weekend Class Schedules" file under LINKS, on the right below.
Collin College's Weekend College offers students alternatives for those unable to attend college during a traditional time frame.
Weekend College Features:
- Standard sixteen-week format classes that meet once a week on Friday evening, Saturdays or Sundays.
- Express Block classes that feature three-week and eight-week courses meeting on the weekend.
- A number of applied science and technical programs designed to prepare students for employment and update their technical skills.
- The opportunity to complete the entire core curriculum of the Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.) or the Associate of Arts in Teaching (A.A.T.)* degree, with a variety of schedule options on Friday evenings, Saturday mornings, Saturday afternoons, Sunday afternoons or any combination without interrupting the work week. (*Some A.A.T. courses may require lab hours (16 hours of field site experience) to be completed outside of the Weekend College time frame.)
- General education courses are offered for students who wish to earn an A.A., A.S., or A.A.T. degree and many students transfer to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Developmental courses that improve the basic skills of students whose academic foundation needs strengthening are available.
Weekend College is here to help…
- Individuals unable to attend weekday or evening classes due to travel requirements, overtime hours, varied or rotating shifts.
- Single parents or stay-at-home parents.
- Students wanting to accelerate their academic progress.
- Individuals anticipating a career change.
- People working full-time seeking advancement.
- Individuals planning to re-enter the job market or beginning a new career.
- Anyone whose family or professional responsibilities make it difficult to attend regular classes during the week.
Weekend College students frequently include evening and distance education courses to enhance the flexibility and complete degrees quicker. Weekend College course content matches the college’s weekday offerings and students are held to the same performance standards.
For more information, please contact the Weekend College at 972.881.5801 or WeekendCollege@collin.edu.
Note: One must be enrolled at Collin College to attend Weekend College classes. Please see additional information in the links provided to the right of this column.