It's not too late to register for Weekend College! Registration is still open for
any Weekend College course that has not started.
We are now proudly serving Starbucks coffee every Saturday from 8:00-Noon!
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR FALL 2017! Weekend College begins August 25th. This is one weekend earlier than our usual start date!!
Weekend College offers the Associate of Science, Associate of Arts and Associate of Arts in Teaching degrees as well as many certificate and AAS courses.
Collin College's Weekend College offers students alternatives for those unable to attend college during a traditional time frame.
Weekend College Features:
- Standard sixteen-week format classes that meet once a week on Friday evening, Saturdays or Sundays.
- Express Block classes that feature 10-week, 7-week, 8-week and three weekend express courses meeting on the weekend.
- A number of applied science and technical programs designed to prepare students for employment and update their technical skills.
- The opportunity to complete the entire core curriculum of the Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.) or the Associate of Arts in Teaching (A.A.T.)* degree, with a variety of schedule options without interrupting the work week. (*Some A.A.T. courses require lab hours consisting of 16 hours of field-based experience which will be completed outside of the Weekend College time frame.)
- General education courses are offered for students who wish to earn an A.A., A.S., or A.A.T. degree and many students transfer to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Developmental courses that improve the basic skills of students whose academic foundation needs strengthening are available.
Weekend College is here to help…
- Individuals unable to attend weekday or evening classes due to travel requirements, overtime hours, varied or rotating shifts.
- Single parents or stay-at-home parents.
- Students wanting to accelerate their academic progress.
- Individuals anticipating a career change.
- People working full-time seeking advancement.
- Individuals planning to re-enter the job market or beginning a new career.
- Anyone whose family or professional responsibilities make it difficult to attend regular classes during the week.
Weekend College students are held to the same academic performance standards as traditional students and Weekend College course content matches the college's weekday offerings. Weekend College students must apply and be accepted to Collin College in order to enroll in Weekend College classes. No special permission is needed to enroll in Weekend College and registration is through Cougar Web as with traditional courses.
For more information, please contact Weekend College at 972.881.5801 or by email: WeekendCollege@collin.edu.