Campus facilities are closed until further notice.
Stay informed: COVID-19 Updates and FAQS
Weekend College is proud to announce our inaugural semester at the new Wylie Campus this fall! Weekend College is ideal for persons who cannot attend classes during the traditional Monday through Friday timeframe and wish to obtain an Associate’s Degree or workforce certificate. Traditional students who desire to accelerate their degree completion can also benefit from Weekend College. Weekend College courses at Collin College are also offered at the Plano, McKinney and Frisco campuses as well All Weekend College classes are offered in a variety of formats ranging from onsite only to hybrid classes which meet online and onsite. Weekend College courses are offered in 16-weekend, 10-weekend, 7/8 weekend, 5-weekend, and three weekend formats. Choose one that is right for you and let Collin College Weekend College partner with you for your degree or certificate. For more information see your academic advisor. See you in class this fall!
Weekend College Features:
- Standard sixteen-weekend format classes that meet once a week on Friday evening, Saturdays or Sundays.
- Express Block classes that feature 10-weekend, 7-week, 8-week and three weekend express courses meeting on the weekend.
- A number of applied science and technical programs designed to prepare students for employment and update their technical skills.
- The opportunity to complete the entire curriculum of the Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.) or the Associate of Arts in Teaching (A.A.T.)* degree in 2-3 years. Choose from a variety of schedule options without interrupting the work week. (*Some A.A.T. courses require lab hours consisting of 16 hours of field-based experience which will be completed outside of the Weekend College time frame.)
- Students earning an A.A., A.S., or A.A.T. degree through Weekend College meet all State of Texas educational core requirements and many students transfer those credits to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Developmental courses that improve the basic skills of students whose academic foundation needs strengthening are available.
Weekend College is here to help…
- Individuals unable to attend weekday or evening classes due to employment schedules, travel requirements, overtime hours, varied or rotating shifts.
- Single parents, stay-at-home parents and parents who lack childcare during the week.
- Traditional Monday-Friday students wanting to accelerate their degree completion by taking additonal classes on the weekend.
- Individuals needing collge hours quickly for military enlistment.
- Persons seeking a career change.
- People working full-time needing college credit for advancement and promotion.
- Individuals planning to re-enter the job market.
- Anyone whose family or professional responsibilities make it difficult to attend regular classes during the weekdays or evenings.
- Anyone who desires to increase their learning or expertise.
BE SURE AND ASK YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR ABOUT OUR NEW 16-WEEK, 3 WEEKEND EXPRESS AND "TAKE FIVE" ON THE WEEKENDS DEGREE PLANS!
For more information, please contact any Academic Advising at any campus or call 972-881-5782 and speak to any advisor. Contact Weekend College at WeekendCollege@collin.edu or 972.881.5801.