All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
Certified Wedding and Event Planner
Interested in beginning a career in planning special events or in launching your own business? This course will teach you the basics of planning, orchestrating, and delivering memorable events. The curriculum covers the A-Z of the industry with assignments, projects, and tests designed to hone your knowledge and skills toward helping others realize their event dreams.
This course is for students looking to begin a career in the field of Wedding and Event Planning. Students will learn how to plan an event from start to finish as well as how to start and maintain their own wedding and event planning business.
Students will take the CWEP certification exam during the last week of class. Certificates will be issued to students who successfully complete the course.
What You Will Learn
- Your role as a certified wedding and event planner
- How to run your own business
- Vendor and venue selection
- Contracts and negotiations
- Traditional and non-traditional wedding ceremonies
- Signature wedding and events
- How to market your business, including local and online marketing
- Bridal shows, wedding gowns, and wedding music
- Public relations and relationship education
- Destination weddings and organizational software
- Expanding your business offerings
- Wedding and event planning certification