All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
BAS Construction Management
Advance your Career with the NEW Bachelor of Applied Science in Construction Management!
Construction Management provides a professional service for effectively managing a construction project's function, schedule, scope, cost, safety, and quality from beginning to end. Collin College's Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) Construction Management degree will prepare students for advancement within the Construction Management field by teaching successful graduates a wide range of marketable skills including management principles; scheduling, planning, and cost estimating for construction projects; behavior of building structures/components; principles of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems; project safety; and risk management.
Admission to Collin College's BAS-Construction Management requires departmental approval. Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to the BAS-Construction Management. Registration into upper division courses is by departmental permission only.
Applications for the Fall 2023 term open December 1, 2022. Deadline for application:
August 1, 2023.
Eligibility requirements/admission steps:
- Complete an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Construction Management or closely-related degree from a regionally accredited educational institution. Current students must be enrolled in their final semester of courses to complete their associate degree at the time of application to the BAS program.
- Complete an application for admission to Collin College (if not a current Collin College student).
- Submit official transcripts from all prior colleges/universities, if applicable.
- Once a College-Wide Identification (CWID) Number has been received, complete a Request for Transfer Credit Evaluation (in Cougarweb under the Home Tab), if applicable.
- Complete the BAS Application and submit to BASConstructionManagement@collin.edu.
- Complete departmental admissions requirements per departmental communication.
- Attend the mandatory BAS-Construction Management student orientation prior to registration.
The academic records of students completing the admissions requirements will be reviewed by the department for specific coursework that can be transferred into Collin College and applied toward the BAS-Construction Management degree program. Students will either be admitted into the BAS program or not admitted into the BAS program and directed to work with Student Enrollment Services and/or the Workforce Programs Career Coach to devise a plan to complete the required coursework necessary to be admitted to the BAS program in future terms.