Thanks to the support of the Lebrecht Hites Foundation, Collin College Foundation is able to offer two transfer scholarships to select students who are completing their associate degrees here at Collin College and who will continue their higher education journeys at one of our university partners.
Applications will be accepted NOW through 11:59pm March 31st for the 2023/2024 academic
year scholarships. Unfortunately, we do not offer transfer scholarships for students
who graduate in December and start their new University in January.
Awards are announced in mid to late May of each year. Requirements are as follows:
- Do you have a 3.5 GPA or higher?
- Will you have completed 60 hours at Collin College by the end of June?
- Are you transferring to one of our 4-year partner Universities in Fall?
- Have you taken honors classes or been highly involved in Collin College student activities?
- Are you a U.S. Citizen?
You must complete the general application and answer the Transferring question with a "YES" This will send you to the Transfer scholarship application. Please note: a letter of recommendation is required. Link to the application: Application
Lebrecht Hites Family Transfer Scholarship
Funded by the estate of World War II Veteran Royden L. Lebrecht and the Hites Foundation, the Lebrecht Hites Family Transfer Scholarship provides $2,500 per semester for four semesters to Collin College students who are continuing to work toward their educational goals at one of our "partner institutions."
- Our partner Universities include:
- Austin College
- Baylor University
- Dallas Baptist University
- Southern Methodist University
- Texas A&M Commerce
- Texas Tech
- Texas Women's University
- Texas Wesleyan
- University of Texas at Dallas
- University of North Texas
- To qualify for the Lebrecht Hites Family Transfer Scholarship, applicants must meet
the following criteria:
- 3.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale (PLUS, if awarded, the recipient must maintain a 2.75 GPA or higher the first semester at the transfer institution and 3.0 GPA or higher in all subsequent semesters)
- Complete 60 hours at Collin College by the end of June
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a Collin College faculty member
- Be a member of the honors program or have taken honors courses
- Been highly involved or held a leadership role in a student group or community organization.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, preferably a Collin County Resident
HiTECCC Transfer Scholarship
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THROUGH THE COLLIN COLLEGE FOUNDATION.
If you are transferring to UTD to pursue a degree in STEM, please contact the UTD Admissions office.