Campus facilities are closed until further notice.
Stay informed: COVID-19 Updates and FAQS
Thanks to the support of donors to our endowment, the Collin College Foundation is able to offer a transfer scholarship to select students who are completing their associate degrees here at Collin College and who will continue their higher education journeys at one of our university partners each Fall.
Do you have at least a 3.5 GPA? Have you completed over 50 hours at Collin College by the end of May? Are you transferring to a 4-year partner University in Fall?
Transfer scholarship applications are currently closed. Please check back with us in January 2021.
Funded by the estate of World War II Veteran Royden L. Lebrecht and the Hites Foundation, the Lebrecht Hites Family Transfer Scholarship provides $2,500 per semester for four semesters to Collin College students who are continuing to work toward their educational goals at one of our "partner institutions."
- TheLebrecht Hites Transfer Scholarship is offered to students once per year who will
be transferring to one of the following institutions:
- Austin College
- Baylor University
- Dallas Baptist University
- Southern Methodist University
- Texas A&M Commerce
- Texas Tech
- Texas Women's University
- Texas Wesleyan
- University of Texas at Dallas
- University of North Texas
- To qualify for theLebrecht Hites Family Transfer Scholarship, applicants must meet
the following criteria:
- 3.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale (PLUS, if awarded, the recipient must maintain a 2.75 GPA or higher the first semester at the transfer institution and 3.0 GPA or higher in all subsequent semesters)
- Complete 50+ hours at Collin College by the end of May 2020
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a Collin College faculty member
- Be a member of the honors program or have taken honors courses
- Has been highly involved or held a leadership role in a student group or community organization.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, preferably a Collin County Resident
NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
The High Technology Education Coalition of Collin County (HiTECCC) Transfer Scholarship is a partnership uniting Collin College, UT Dallas, Texas Instruments, Plano ISD and an array of other area technology powerhouses. Thanks to over a $1 million endowment gift from Texas Instruments in 2004, the HiTECCC Transfer Scholarship supports the education of students who are completing degrees at Collin College in STEM fields and transferring to UT Dallas.
- The HiTECCC Transfer Scholarship is awarded by UTD, not the Collin College Foundation.
Please visit: "STAY TUNED" for the application and more information. DO NOT COMPLETE
THE COLLIN COLLEGE APPLICATION IF YOU ARE TRANSFERRING TO UTD IN FALL 2020. The award/s
are given out once per year to students who meet the following criteria:
- Graduated from a Plano ISD high school
- Wil be completing their Associates degree in May at Collin College with over 50+ hours in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) and will have completed degree upon receiving scholarship
- Will attend and is eligible to attend the University of Texas at Dallas
- Has a 3.3 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Be a U.S. Citizen and Plano resident
- HiTECCC applicants will also be asked to include a letter of recommendation from a member of the STEM faculty at Collin College as well as submit a transcript.
- Applicants are scored on the following:
- Quality of academics and stated educational goals
- Level of involvement in student and professional organizations
- Participation in internships, projects and research related to their fields of study
- Results and participation in science and technical fairs