FAQs About Collin College Student Housing


Student BedroomWhat housing options are available?

  • Collin College Student Housing provides housing on an individual contracted basis. We offer housing options based on one bed per student, and we do not allow a student to reserve more than one bedroom. If a student wishes to live alone, a student may select from the available efficiency unit options on campus. Click here for more detail on housing plans and pricing.

What do you have to have to apply and stay on campus?

To live here at Student Housing, there are a couple of requirements:

  • All residents must be enrolled in classes at Collin College with at least 12 credit hours each semester before applying
  • Summer residents will need to be enrolled in 6 credit hours
  • All residents must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA each semester to reside at Student Housing
  • All residents must be at least 17 years of age or older
  • All on-campus residents are required to purchase a meal plan with the Collin College Cafeteria

*Students who are part of an academic cohort and prescribed academic plan of less than 12 hours per semester can appeal to live in housing with a written academic plan confirmation from the registrar and/or dean/associate dean of their department. Appeals in the form of a situation explanation can be sent to studenthousing@collin.edu. *

Are you able to choose any floorplan?

  • All floorplan requests are subject to availability and not guaranteed. We have several different floorplans but have limited availability in all.

What Meal Plans are available for resident dining options?

  • Students may choose to purchase one of a variety of optional meal plans. Click here for details.

Will Gender Inclusive Housing be available?

  • Collin Student Housing welcomes students of all gender identities and expressions and is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive community for all residents.
  • It is our goal to provide an affirming and non-discriminatory housing educational experience

Will your spouse and/or child be able to stay with you?

  • Unfortunately, Student Housing does not offer family housing at this time.

Are you able to bring your pet with you?

  • Collin College Student Housing does not allow pets of any kind and also does not allow student residents to board or care for (i.e., “pet sitting”) other individuals’ pets on property. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), service animals are allowed once he or she has notified the Student Housing office. The student resident should notify the ACCESS Office if he or she has an emotional support animal(ESA) to get it approved before it can be brought on property.

What furniture is provided in the unit?

The following items are provided in every unit:

  • Living Room
    • Sofa
    • Single Chair
    • End Table
    • Entertainment Stand
  • Kitchen
    • Refrigerator
    • Microwave
  • Bedroom
    • XL Twin Bed
    • Chest Drawers
    • Spring Mattress