All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
TSI Full Exemptions
Students may seek exemption from the TSI based on:
- SAT scores (less than 5 years old) with an Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of 480 or higher and a Math score of 530 or higher. (College Code 1951)
- ACT (less than 5 years old) composite score of 23 or higher with at least 19 English and at least 19 Math. (College Code 4046)
- STAAR (less than 5 years old) English III Level 2 score of 4000 or higher. Algebra II Level 2 score of 4000 or higher.
- Meeting the college readiness benchmark on either of the state's approved High School
Equivalency (HSE) tests (less than 5 years old):
- GED scores of 165 or higher on the Mathematical Reasoning subject test and 165 or higher on the Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA) subject test
- HiSET* scores of 15 or higher on the Mathematics subtest and a score of 15 or higher on the Reading subtest and a score of 15 or higher on the Writing subtest (that includes a minimum score of 4 on the essay)
- TSI exemption given by another Texas public institution. Official transcript must be on file to document exemption.
- Completion of an associate degree or higher from a United States regionally accredited institution.
- Transfer student from a U.S. private or out-of-state regionally accredited institution with three or more credit level hours (D or better).
- Documentation for a student who on or after August 1, 1990, was honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as a member of the armed forces of the United States or the Texas National Guard or service as a member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States. Must provide a copy of DD214 to document exemption.
- A student who is enrolled in a workforce certificate program of one year or less (42 or fewer semester credit hours or the equivalent)
- A non-degree-seeking student
*HiSET will no longer be administered after 8/31/2021; however, HiSET scores are valid up to five (5) years from date of testing.
May I register for classes pending the arrival of my official scores?
YES, YOU CAN!
Once your application has been processed by Admissions, you may submit a Conditional TSI Compliance Contract and an unofficial copy of your qualifying scores to:
- The Director of Testing Office (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 972.548.6577)
- Academic Planning/Advising (in person)
- Admissions (in person)
This contract will allow 30 days for your OFFICIAL TSI documentation to arrive! CLICK HERE for the contract and complete details!