Veterans Resource Center
The Veterans Resource Centers (VRC's) at Collin College connect students with resources designed to ensure a smooth transition into college and foster academic success.
Veterans are welcomed and encouraged to utilize the study area and computer stations at the centers. Spending time in the VRC also provides students the opportunity to network with other individuals who have served.
The Veterans Resource Centers coordinate college-wide services to connect military-affiliated students, with on-campus and community resources to ensure a smooth transition into college life and to foster academic success. Our services range from providing information about admissions, academics, financial aid, and VA education benefits to advocacy and resource referral.
At Collin College, veterans and their families can expect an exceptional experience!
The Collin College Veterans Resource Center should be your first stop!
Resources at Collin College:
- Collin College Financial Aid
- Accommodations at Collin College for Equal Support Services (ACCESS)
- Career Center and Employment Contacts
- Collin College Student Housing
- Mental Health Resources
- Anthony Peterson Center for Academic Assistance
- Meals for Vets- $8 a day food allowance at any of our Collin College Cafes
- Child Care at the Plano Campus
Community Veteran & Military Connected Resources:
- Veterans Center of North Texas: Providing support and information exclusively to veterans and their families.
- VA Disability Benefits
- Center for Brain Health: Center for Brain Health is still looking for qualified veterans for PTSD study to
receive treatment and compensation
- Financial Literacy
- Military Peer Network: Connects veterans and their families to local, state, and national resources through
an active group of veteran peers
- Texas Veterans Leadership Program: A Texas Workforce Commission resource and referral network connecting returning veterans
with a variety of resources.
- Texas Veterans Portal: Information on many beneficial programs, downloadable forms, and employment resources
- Employer Support of The Guard and Reserves (ESGR): A Department of Defense program designed to assist Reservists/National Guard members
in the resolution of conflicts arising with employers over their employees service.
- Military OneSource
- Travis Manion Foundation: Empowers veterans and families of fallen heroes to develop character in future generations.
- One Tribe Foundation Formerly 22Kill: Creating a community that raises awareness and combats suicide by empowering veterans,
first responders, and their families.
- HUD/VASH: A collaborative program between HUD and the VA to combat homelessness among veterans.
- Steven A. Cohen Clinic: Provides quality, accessible, and comprehensive mental health care to veterans and their families regardless of ability to pay.
- Real Warriors: Awareness campaign for service members, veterans, and families
- Texas Veterans Land Board: Information on land sales, home purchase and loans for Texas veterans.
- National Cemetery Administration: Information on burial benefits and more!
Veterans Crisis Line: 1(800) 273 8255 (Press 1)
PTSD Awareness Info: