The Collin College Respiratory Care Program prepares individuals for an allied health specialty in the clinical care and management of patients with cardiopulmonary disorders. The program is available at the Central Park Campus in McKinney, Texas. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
The goal of the program is to prepare graduates with demonstrated competencies in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).
- Provide advanced-level respiratory care within the organized respiratory care services of health care providers.
- Manage patient care utilizing resources within the healthcare setting.
- Work as a member of the healthcare team in a wide variety of clinical settings to evaluate, treat, and manage patients of all ages with respiratory illnesses and other cardiopulmonary disorders.
- Assume the role of the member of the profession of Respiratory Care within it's legal and ethical framework.
Respiratory therapists work with patients of all ages and can be employed in various healthcare settings. Graduates of the program are eligible for the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) Therapist Multiple Choice Exam and Clinical Simulation Exam.
Graduates receive an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree upon completion of
Because the number of applicants typically exceeds space in the program, this program uses a competitive selective scoring system. Please see the application packet for details.
Collin College students are amongst the best because of:
- Excellent classrooms and labs
- State-of-the-art equipment, including ventilators
- High-fidelity patient simulators
- Access to world-class facilities such as Parkland Health and Hospital System, Children's Health, Texas Health Resources, Baylor Health Care Systems, and HCA facilities
- Advisory Committee comprised of local industry leaders and department directors
- Experienced and involved faculty
Program Outcomes (2013-2015)
CRT Credentialing Success 100%
RRT Credentialing Success 100%
Job Placement 96.5%
For information on current program outcomes please visit the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC):Programmatic Outcomes Data
For information on relevant date on wages, employment, and training: Career Coach
For current admission requirements, please review the Application Packet or contact:
Araceli Solis, BS, RRT, RCP
Academic Advisor: 972-548-6778