AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Troubleshoot and use critical thinking skills to solve problems on modern vehicles
• Follow inspection checklists and test parts and systems to ensure all are examined and functioning properly.
• Perform basic maintenance such as oil changes and tire rotations to manufacturer specifications.
• Repair and replace worn or damaged components of all vehicle systems such as brake pads, tires, and drivetrain.
• Decipher technical plans, manuals, and diagrams.
• Determine proper identification and use of diagnostic equipment and hand/power tools of the trade.
• Explain automotive failures and repairs to customers using basic and clear communication skills.
Click here for program and award information.