All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
Online Continuing Education Courses
- Choice of Instructor-led or Self-Paced courses
- Instructor-led courses start monthly with Expert Instructors and Interactive discussion and convenient 6-week format
- Self-Paced courses allow you to start anytime and work at your pace with up to 3 months of access
- Award of Certificate of Completion with a passing score
Online learning requires personal discipline. Because there is not face-to-face time
with your instructor, you will be the only one responsible for making sure you learn
the material and complete the assignments.
NOTE: If you register for class on the first day of the class, it will take 24 hours before the class shows up in your CANVAS portal.
Advantages to Online Learning
- You set your schedule: while there are assignments and due dates, most have a window of several days for completion
- Learn the way you need to: online classes provide multiple opportunities for exposure to the information in a variety of methods, not just lecture time in a classroom
- Save on fuel: online classes eliminate the need to drive to campus
- Personalized interaction with the instructor: all instructors for online courses are Collin College instructors, and you will be able to interact with them directly as they guide you through the material in the same way they would for an on-campus course
What do I do?
After you have registered for an online course, please visit the course webpage to find your textbook information. Most classes require a textbook and most also require an access code. Try to purchase both prior to the first day of class. Books and access codes can be purchased in the Courtyard Center Bookstore, from an online vendor like Amazon, or directly from the publisher.
On the first day of class (sometimes in the evening), you will receive an email from your instructor. That message will go to your Collin email account as well as the personal email address you provided to the college when you registered. The message will contain login information, book information, and a syllabus
To log in to CANVAS:
1. Login to CougarWeb. (If you have never logged on to CougarWeb before, your username will be the beginning part of your email account, usually the first letter of your first name, followed by your last name, and then possibly a number. Your password will be the last 6 digits of your CWID. If you do not know your CWID or user name, please email CEHelp@collin.edu from the email account you used when you registered, and provide your date of birth. They can send you the CWID and user name.)
2. Click on My Courses, then find the CANVAS icon
3. Your class will appear in CANVAS on the first day of class
If you receive a login error, please try a different browser, delete your cookies, and try again. If you continue to receive a login error, please contact the helpdesk at 972.881.5870.
For tutorials, resources, and general assistance with Canvas, please visit the eCollin Learning Centers (eLC).
Ed2go online courses are project-oriented and include lessons, quizzes, hands-on assignments, discussion areas and supplementary links in a six-week format.
- Self paced, start anytime format
- Many programs can be completed in less than 6 months
- Learn in-demand job skills and prepare for Industry certifications
- All learning materials provided
- Certificate of completion awarded with passing score
Career Training Course Categories
- Business and Professional
- Healthcare and Fitness
- Hospitality and Service Industry
- IT and Software Development
- Management and Corporate
- Media and Design
- Microsoft Certifications
- Sustainable Energy and Going Green