All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
Medical Assisting Advanced Practice
Are you ready for a versatile, high-demand career in the medical field? As a Medical Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work with doctors, take medical histories, and record a patient's vital signs. You will learn to perform clinical and administrative tasks in a physician’s office, hospital and other healthcare facilities. You can also work in a variety of other roles, including clinical assistant, EKG technician, front office staff (general billing and coding), and phlebotomy technician. Students in this program will explore topics ranging from pharmacology and pathophysiology to anatomy and physiology and medical law and ethics.
Minimum Expectation Goal: To prepare competent, entry level medical assistants in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
Level 1 Certificate Program (10 months)
AAS Medical Assisting (2 years)
Program Goals: Graduates will be able to...
- Assist physicians with clinical duties including patient examinations, diagnostic procedures and testing, and minor surgical procedures.
- Collect and process blood, urine, and other body fluids per OSHA guidelines.
- Perform CLIA waived laboratory tests in the physician’s office lab.
- Perform administrative tasks including appointment scheduling, basic medical insurance processing, and patient education.
- Utilize electronic and paper medical records.
- Administer injections and other medications as directed by physicians.
- Perform various diagnostic tests, including EKGs and hearing and vision screening.
Medical Assisting Application Process
This is a competitive entry program.
Evening & Weekend Classes Starting January 2022
- Apply for Admission to Collin College and submit official transcripts from high school or GED completion.
- If needed, apply for Financial Aid.
- Consider applying for available scholarships.
- After you have been accepted to Collin College and received your College Wide ID (CWID), complete the Medical Assisting Program Application. Important Update: We are only accepting applications for the evening & weekend program at the Tech Campus at this time. Applications for the day program will be accepted after January 1st, 2022. Applications that do not have a CWID or Collin College email address on it will not be accepted.
- Informed applicants make better candidates! Become informed about the Medical Assisting program by attending one of the information sessions listed below, or make an appointment with the Program Director, Leon Deutsch (firstname.lastname@example.org). One or the other is required in order to be considered for acceptance into the program.
- If granted based on application, participate in an interview.
- Once accepted into the progam, you will receive special instructions for registration.
Medical Assisting Information Sessions
Information Session Dates
September 23rd, 2021 @ 8:00 pm CST
October 28th, 2021 @ 8:00 pm CST
November 18th, 2021 @ 8:00 pm CST
Join Zoom meeting by clicking the link below.
Meeting ID: 897 7464 0985
Send email to email@example.com for meeting password.
Collin County Community College District is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate degrees, associate degrees and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Collin County Community College District.
The Medical Assisting Advanced Practice program at Collin College has a site visit scheduled for pursuing initial accreditation by CAAHEP. This step in the process is neither a status of accreditation nor a guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs www.caahep.org upon the recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).”
9355 – 113th St. N. #7709
Seminole, FL 33775 727-210-2350