Campus facilities are closed until further notice.
Stay informed: COVID-19 Updates and FAQS
Dual Credit at Collin College
The Dual/Concurrent Credit Enrollment program at Collin College is a cooperative partnership between school districts and Collin College enabling high school students to earn college credits while completing the requirements for high school graduation.
What is Dual Credit?
High school students can take Collin College courses and simultaneously earn credit for both their high school diploma and their college degree. Courses may be taught on the high school or college campus by Collin College professors.
What is Concurrent Credit?
The process by which an eligible high school student enrolls in college-level academic or technical courses, while still enrolled in high school, and receives college credit without receiving high school credit for these courses. High School/Home School Official approval is required for both dual credit and concurrent credit. Students are responsible for determining whether their transfer institution will accept credit from Collin College. For detailed transfer information, please visit TransferU at www.collin.edu/transferu.
Who Can Participate?
You can participate if you are enrolled in a public high school, private, charter, or home school and are ready to acquire college credit. You must also have permission from the appropriate high school officials, an A/B grade point average, meet Texas Success Initiative (TSI) test standards, and demonstrate the maturity level needed to be successful in college course work.
Thousands of students are already on their journey to a better brighter future, pursuing coursework in Collin College Core Curriculum or enrolling in Career & Technical courses while still in high school.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
Please note: Counselor/Home School Administrator approval (High School Permission Form) is required for ALL courses (concurrent or dual) for every session.
- Semester dates: January 21st - May 17th
- Registration opens for all dual credit students: October 29th
- Registration Deadlines:
- Each high school has a specific registration and payment deadline, please check with your counselor
- Homeschool Students: Collin College registration and payment deadline is December 4th
- Census date (last day to drop): February 3rd*
- Last day to withdraw: March 20th*
*For full term classes only
- Semester dates: August 24th-December 13th
- Registration opens for all dual credit students: April 14th
- Registration/Payment Deadlines:
- Participating School Deadlines
- Homeschool Students: Collin College registration and payment deadline is July 22nd, if you register after this day you must pay at the time of registration
- Census date (last day to drop): September 8th*
- Last day to withdraw: October 16th*
*For full term classes only