Campus facilities are closed until further notice. Limited in-person appointments
Stay informed: COVID-19 Updates and FAQS
Seniors Active in Learning
Welcome to SAIL
Collin College is committed to keeping its SAIL members safe.
The Collin College Office of Emergency Management is in contact with Collin County Health Care Services and has enacted the following:
Stay informed about Coronavirus, by clicking the COVID-19 FAQs link at the top of the collin.edu homepage.
The college will continue to update the FAQs with new information as it become available.
AUGUST 10 Fall 2020 Schedule available to view
AUGUST 24 Fall registration begins (check back for more details!)
SEPTEMBER 7 Labor Day Holiday-All Collin College campuses closed
SEPTEMBER 8 FALL 2020 CLASSES BEGIN
Seniors Active in Learning (SAIL) is a community of life-long learners—participating in organized study, discussion, and social events through Collin College.
- SAIL provides educational opportunities for seniors (55+) in a relaxed, conversational environment.
- We offer classes in the fall, spring, and summer terms, and sponsor social activities throughout the year.
- Affordably priced per term-Membership/Course Fees.
- Conveniently scheduled classes with free parking.
- Want to get even more involved? You could teach a class or volunteer with SAIL!
What is the mission of SAIL?
SAIL participants are here for the sheer joy of learning something new and becoming
more informed. The SAIL community includes talented instructors, college professors,
and business leaders with categorical expertise in a myriad of subject areas. Students
learn from each other, hear and consider opposing ideas, integrate the expertise of
the instructor, and ultimately synthesize new knowledge, opinions, and views.
- Ages 55 and up
- No degree required
- Classes are non-credit—no tests, grades or papers to write
- No residency requirements
- Special social events and guest lectures
- Courses available at the Courtyard Center, Preston Ridge Campus, Collin Higher Education Center & Wylie Campus.
- $100 per fall/spring semester for up to seven courses
- $20 in summer for unlimited courses
- Guest Lectures do not count towards the seven course maximum
Choose from a variety of course topics:
- Literature and writing
- Art appreciation
- Music and film
- Social sciences
- Mah Jongg and Bridge
- Current events discussions and lectures