All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
|The Professional Development team provides district-wide professional development
programs, primarily for staff, faculty and administrators, and coordinates special
events involving college staff as well as outside community organizations.
Contact this department if you need:
Professional Development Guidelines for Regular Full-Time and Part-Time Faculty and Staff Guidelines Specific to Full-time Faculty and Staff:
- Eligible after 90-day probationary period.
- Professional development courses must be related to current job.
- Any class listed in the CE schedule is eligible if approved by your supervisor as work related.
- A maximum of three CE courses may be taken each semester. If more courses are needed, the appropriate vice president or provost may approve by signing the registration form or emailing approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Books required for any course are to be paid for by the employee's department using the Textbook Charge Form.
Attending Continuing Education Classes:
If space becomes limited in a Continuing Education class, priority enrollments in the class are as follows:
- Paying community members are given the highest priority;
- Regular full-time college employees are placed next, followed by
- Regular part-time college employees.
If critical training is required for a regular part-time employee working less than 15 hours per week, the appropriate vice president or provost may approve the training.
If you are interested in any of the courses offered in the Continuing Education schedule of classes, please complete a Professional Development Continuing Education Registration Form and submit it to the HR Professional Development team at email@example.com.
The employee is responsible for obtaining the instructor's signature and returning
the signed Confirmation of Attendance to Human Resources within three days of the
last class day. Confirmation of Attendance Form
Attending Ed2Go Classes:
If approved by the employee's supervisor, tuition for online Ed2Go classes is to be paid from the department’s budget. The employee will need to register for the course through Continuing Education and use a P-card for the purchase. A Professional Development CE Registration Form is not needed.