EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES PROFESSIONS MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Respond to 911 calls for emergency medical assistance.
• Assess a patient’s condition, determine a course of treatment, and provide first-aid treatment or life support.
• Transport patient safely in an ambulance, and transfer patient to the emergency department of a hospital or other healthcare facility.
• Report observations and treatment to physicians, nurses, or other healthcare facility staff.
• Document medical care given to patient.
• Communicate clearly over telephone or radio.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with peers, managers, patients, and doctors.
• Work productively, ethically, responsibly and conscientiously with others to achieve group goals.
• Engage effectively and respectfully with people from many communities and with many perspectives.
Click here for program and award information.