SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Maintain a sterile field during surgical procedure as appropriate.
• Count sponges, needles and instruments before, during and after an operation or when requested by another team member.
• Perform surgical scrub and donning gown and glove, assist surgical team with gowning and gloving.
• Adhere to established safety practices and guidelines to protect the patient and the healthcare team.
• Prepare and pass instruments and supplies to surgeon and surgeon’s assistant.
• Keeps accurate records of medications (labeling).
• Maintain the care, clean sterilization of surgical instruments throughout procedure.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to successfully collaborate and work with peers.
• Critical thinking using logic and reasoning to approach problems.
• Listening skills giving full attention to what surgical team members and others are saying.
Click here for program and award information.