All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
Information and How to...
Information and How to...
For routine services, such as annual eye exams or well-women exams, no referrals are needed. All other specialist visits require a referral from your PCP in order to receive network benefits.
To designate your Primary Care Physician (PCP) for your health plan for the first time, call (800) 252 - 8039. A PCP can be designated over the phone and will be effective the same day. Confirm the effective date of the change. You will then receive a new card in the mail if your change is to be effective for long-term to your home address. The card should arrive in about 10 business days.
- During Annual Enrollment: Start at the ERS website http://www.ers.texas.gov to get to ERS OnLine. Click on the "My Account" button, and then request a new password, if applicable. You need this password to make changes online. Annual Enrollment changes must be entered in ERS OnLine during the specified Annual Enrollment period.
- Outside of Annual Enrollment: Contact your BenefitsTeam for allowable changes. You may also initate a change by using your Workday Benefits worklet on your Workday home page.
Please note: Some coverage changes require approval through the evidence of insurability or EOI process, even during Annual Enrollment.
Evidence of insurability (EOI) is an application process in which you provide medical information regarding the condition of your health. EOI may be required to enroll in, add dependents to or increase some insurance coverages.
EOI is required when:
- You enroll in Optional Term Life Elections 3 and 4 at any time;
- You enroll in Optional Term Life Elections 1 and 2 after your first 30 days of employment;
- You enroll in the Disability Income Protection Plan (either short- or long-term) after your first 30 days of employment;
- You enroll in or add dependents to Dependent Term Life after your first 30 days of employment, or after your dependent's first 30 days as an eligible dependent.
EOI is not required when:
- You enroll in Optional Term Life Elections 1 and 2 during your first 30 days of employment;
- You enroll in Disability Income coverage during your first 30 days;
- You enroll in or add dependents to Dependent Term Life during your first 30 days or during your dependent's first 30 days as an eligible dependent;
- You enroll in or increase your Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage.
The EOI application requests information about you and/or your dependent's health.
- Securian Life may ask you to have a medical examination and/or request your medical records as part of the review process.
For information on the status of your application, call Securian Life Insurance at 877-494-1716.
You will either be approved or denied based on the medical information provided by you and/or your doctor. You will receive an approval or denial letter. To add coverage that is approved, notify Human Resources by providing a copy of the approval letter. Approved coverage will be effective the first of the month following the date of your approval.
Please use Workday to submit an address change. You will need to go to your profile and click on Contact in the blue menu. Click Edit to make changes.These changes will need to be approved by HR before you will see them reflected in your Workday profile.
You should also update your home address with ERS for insurance purposes. Make changes through ERS On-line at their web site, http://www.ers.texas.gov.
- To change Emergency Contact, click the Emergency Contacts tab from your Contact menu. You will need to click the pencil to each section, make the necessary changes, then click the check mark. Once complete submit.
How to make on-line changes through ERS:
You will make changes through ERS On-line at their web site, http://www.ers.texas.gov. To log in, please click on the Access My Account button on the ERS home screen and enter your userid and password. If you are not
a frequent user of ERS On-line and do not have a userid and password, you will need
to register first or reset your information.
Click the appropriate link under "My Personal Information" to view and update your personal information:
- email address,
- password, and
- phone numbers.
When your change is complete, a confirmation will be sent to your email address on file. If you do not have an email address on file, the confirmation will be sent to your mailing address.
To update your beneficiary data with ERS, go online at http://www.ers.texas.gov. Sign in to ERS OnLine, request a new password if necessary, and change your beneficiary(ies) online. ERS will mail you a confirmation form to sign and have witnessed. Important: The beneficiary change is not official until after the signed and witnessed form is received at ERS.
To update your beneficiary data with TRS, complete the TRS Designation of Beneficiary Form (TRS-15) and mail directly to TRS.
To update your beneficiary data with your ORP company, contact your ORP company or advisor.
Part-time employees with MetLife FICA alternative plan can contact our MetLife representative, Mr. Chuck Mulkey at (972) 246 - 1857 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an Account Update Form.
See Texa$aver 457 Plan website for more plan details.
Contact the Collin College Help Desk at 972-548-6555 at Collin Higher Education Center (CHEC).