All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
Part Time Benefits
Part-Time Employee Benefits
Collin College is now offering a telehealth benefit to part-time employees and credit students.
Please note: Adjunct faculty CougarCare benefits will be available on approximately October 1, 2020.
Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions for more information!
MetLife PERC Plan and Other Part-Time Employee Benefits
- Effective September 1, 2011, all part-time Collin College employees will participate
in the Program for Extra Retirement Compensation (PERC) in lieu of Social Security (FICA).
- Mandatory program through a 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity account with MetLife in lieu of Social Security contributions
- Employee contributes 7.5% of salary pre-tax
- For questions regarding your account, please contact Chuck Mulkey at (972) 246 - 1857 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full time and part time employees (except student employees) at Collin College may enroll in the voluntary Tax Deferred Account (TDA) plan. The TDA is a 403(b) defined contribution plan in IRS. The employee is 100% vested at all times. Effective September 1, 2019, the College's TDA is through AIG.
Part-time Faculty Insurance Information
Collin County Community College District (Collin College) Associate Faculty Benefits
Collin County Community College District Associate Faculty members, who meet the following specific criteria (as authorized in SB 1370), may elect to participate in the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP).
An associate faculty member teaching credit classes at Collin College is eligible to participate in the group benefits program if the faculty member:
- receives compensation from Collin College as an Associate Faculty member; and
- has been employed as an Associate Faculty member by Collin College and has taught at least one course in each regular fall and spring semester in each of the preceding three academic years; and
- is under contract or scheduled to teach* at least 12 semester credit hours in the academic year of coverage.
NOTE: Associate faculty members, who are eligible and elect to participate in the GBP will have a 60-day waiting period for health insurance coverage. Any enrollment changes after initial eligibility must be in accordance with ERS rules and may require evidence of insurability application and approval. All other insurance plans must be elected within thirty (30) days of initial eligibility.
- Eligibility is determined as of the 1st day of classes for each long academic semester.
- Eligibility for these benefits does not constitute an employment contract or a promise of future employment.
- *“Scheduled to teach” shall mean an associate faculty member as scheduled on Banner form SIAASGN as of the first class day of a fall and/or spring semester.
Collin College Human Resources Department will notify associate faculty members who are identified as eligible to participate in the benefit plans through an initial e-mail to his/her campus e-mail address. Other correspondence regarding the group benefit plan will be distributed by e-mail through the college’s e-mail system. Faculty members are responsible for obtaining and monitoring their e-mail for information throughout the year
Additional Benefits for Part-time, Non-Student Employees
- Wellness Program and Wellness Program Guidelines, if applicable
- Professional Development Opportunities (Please check with the HR/Professional Development Manager, Gen Northup, for eligibility criteria.)
- Training Programs and Workshops of General Interest
- Unemployment Compensation Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
**Applies to ALL non-student employees only, including associate faculty