Welcome back, students! All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually,
blended, or in person.
View the College COVID-19 Restart Plan
Benefits Home Page
Information regarding the"Collin Invests" Enhanced Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) Plan
Have questions about the "Collin Invests" Enhanced Retirement Savings Plan? Click here for more information!
Employee Assistance Program/Mental Health
Medical, Prescription & Retirement Information
- Medical Plan
- OptumRx Prescription Plan
- Retirement Plans
- Thinking about Retiring?
- ORP Vendors
- Benefits after Retirement
- As a TRS or ORP retiree, you may be eligible for retiree insurance if:
- you have at least 10 years with an agency (college or state department) that participates in ERS insurance) and
- your last place of public employment was with an agency or higher education institution that participates in the GBP)
- ORP Participants will need an ORP account from which they are eligible to start drawing payments. If you withdraw or roll over all your funds to another account at retirement, you will not be eligible for retiree insurance through ERS. For more information please see the ERS website.
- Important Information about Tiered Rates:
If you did not have 5 years by 8/31/2014, you will have to meet the following requirements:
- 20 years - 100% retiree premium paid
- 15 years - 75% retiree premium paid
- 10 years - 50% retiree premium paid
ERS still requires at least 10 years service credit with an agency that participates in the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (higher education or state department/agency) to be eligible for GBP retiree insurance.
Click here to view the Ready, Set, Retire Presentation for Higher Education employees.
- Vision Plan
- New options have been made to the vision benefits. Glasses.com, 1800-Contacts, and
ContactsDirect.com have been added to the list of vendors. Participants can order
eyeglasses or contacts and apply their vision benefits to their purchase instead of
submitting a claim later for reimbursement.
You and your covered dependents can apply the $200 allowance per person per plan year to either eyeglass frames or contacts. (The allowance does not cover eyeglass lenses; lenses from network providers are covered after a copay.)
Participants enrolled in State of Texas Vision for Plan Year 2020 have until August 31 to use their benefits. For details and a complete list of plan providers, they can visit the State of Texas Vision website.
- New options have been made to the vision benefits. Glasses.com, 1800-Contacts, and ContactsDirect.com have been added to the list of vendors. Participants can order eyeglasses or contacts and apply their vision benefits to their purchase instead of submitting a claim later for reimbursement.
- Dental Plan
- Dependent Term Life
- Texas Income Protection Plan (TIPP - Short & Long Term Disability)
- Optional Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Keeping You Safe! - 5 Tips for Active Shooter Preparedness
- Beginning Employment
- Employee Discounts
- Leave Benefits
- Workers' Compensation
NOTE: Most employee out-of-pocket premiums are automatically paid with pre-tax dollars authorized by the Internal Revenue Code. This includes premiums deducted from your paycheck for health, dental and vision coverage, Optional Term Life Insurance, and Voluntary AD&D. Premiums for Dependent Term Life and Disability insurance are paid with after -tax money, so that you do not pay tax on any benefits you may receive. Should you have Optional Term Life Insurance of more than $50,000 a portion of that premium could be taxed.