Benefits Home Page
Join the Fitness Program in May with no enrollment fee!
The Fitness Program* is a flexible membership program for participants enrolled in HealthSelect of Texas and Consumer Directed HealthSelect, with access to more than 9,000 fitness centers nationwide. The monthly membership fee is $25, with a $25 one-time enrollment fee.
For the month of June, the $25 one-time enrollment fee will be waived for all HealthSelect
participants and their covered dependents age 18 and older. Use code summerfit during registration to have the fee waived. To enroll:
- log in to your Blue Access for Members℠ account and click Fitness Program under Quick Links, or
- call (888) 762-BLUE (2583) toll-free, Monday–Friday 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. in any U.S. time
Fitness Program benefits include:
- flexible membership with no long-term contract for $25/month,
- unlimited access to over 9,000 participating fitness centers nationwide,
- easy online enrollment; automatic monthly payment withdrawal,
- discounts on services from health and well-being professionals such as acupuncture, personal training, massage and more, and
- Blue Points℠ (earned) when you enroll and track weekly visits.
To learn more about the Fitness Program and the enrollment waiver, please visit the HealthSelect Fitness Program web page for more details.
You can cancel your membership at any time by calling (888) 762-BLUE (2583) toll-free, Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CT.
Care Management - Available through HealthSelect of Texas
HealthSelect participants have access to care management. Through care management, a team of clinicians can provide individualized support to HealthSelect participants. Dedicated clinical staff can talk in confidence with participants about any health concern including:
- managing a health condition (such as diabetes, high blood pressure, musculoskeletal and asthma),
- making an action plan after seeing a provider, and
- coordinating care before or after a procedure or hospital stay
Watch the video - learn how care management can provide that extra support to you by watching our new video.
Contact us - visit the care management page on the HealthSelect website for more information. To get started, call BCBSTX toll-free at (800) 252-8039, Monday–Friday 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. CT and ask to speak with a clinician.
Texas Department of Insurance's Texas Healthcare Costs - Consumer Information Guide
TDI has created a Consumer Information Guide to help create an estimate of what different services and procedures usually cost. You can compare both in-network and out-of-network information by zipcode and see the average cost for different parts of the state for the same service. Please note data used is based on 2016 claims.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - HealthSelect "Find a Cost"
By logging into your "My HealthSelect" account, you are able to find and compare costs to services and procedures. The HealthSelect tool searches for provides given your location, type of procedure you chose and gives you the estimated cost given the benefit per the medical plan you are enrolled in.
Employee Assistance Program/Mental Health
Medical, Prescription & Retirement Information
- Medical Plan
- OptumRx Prescription Plan
- Retirement Plans
- ORP Vendors
- TDA Vendors
- Benefits after Retirement
- As a TRS or ORP retiree, you may be eligible for retiree insurance if:
- you have at least 10 years with an agency (college or state department) that participates in ERS insurance) and
- your last place of public employment was with an agency or higher education institution that participates in the GBP)
- ORP Participants will need an ORP account from which they are eligible to start drawing payments. If you withdraw or roll over all your funds to another account at retirement, you will not be eligible for retiree insurance through ERS. For more information please see the ERS website.
- Important Information about Tiered Rates:
If you did not have 5 years by 8/31/2014, you will have to meet the following requirements:
- 20 years - 100% retiree premium paid
- 15 years - 75% retiree premium paid
- 10 years - 50% retiree premium paid
ERS still requires at least 10 years service credit with an agency that participates in the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (higher education or state department/agency) to be eligible for GBP retiree insurance.
Click here to view the Ready, Set, Retire Presentation for Higher Education employees.
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- Dependent Term Life
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Optional Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Other Benefits and Information
- Keeping You Safe! - 5 Tips for Active Shooter Preparedness
- Beginning Employment
- Employee Discounts
- Special Instructions / How to...
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Leave Benefits
- Workers' Compensation
- Complimentary Chronicle of Higher Education On-line Subscription (District-wide access)
NOTE: Most employee out-of-pocket premiums are automatically paid with pre-tax dollars authorized by the Internal Revenue Code. This includes premiums deducted from your paycheck for health and dental coverage, Optional Term Life Insurance, and Voluntary AD&D. Premiums for Dependent Term Life and Disability insurance are paid with after -tax money, so that you do not pay tax on any benefits you may receive. Should you have Optional Term Life Insurance of more than $50,000 a portion of that premium could be taxed.