Professional Truck Driving / CDL

Professional Truck Driving / CDL Training

Put your hands behind the wheel of an in-demand career!

The Professional Truck Driving course trainings are offered in partnership with a third-party vendor R&B Vocational Training. To qualify for a CDL, students must register in both Professional Truck Driving I and Professional Truck Driving II.  CDL I prepares the student for mastery of the Commercial Drivers License written examination and permit. CDL II is a continuation of CDL I and provides general truck driving skills with hands-on component and instruction coordinated with the Department of Transportation.

Course Schedules
Course Syllabus

Call 972.985.3722 or email for more information. 

Truck pic 3

Professional Truck Driving / CDL I and II course training information:
All classes are held Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm for a total of four (4) weeks at both Farmersville, TX and Greenville, TX.*
•200 hours of training in Professional Truck Driving I and II to earn a CDL license. 

•Interested students, must be at least 18 years of age, have an acceptable driving record, complete, and pass DOT physical exam, and have the ability to read, write, and speak English.
• Must meet the DPS of Texas permit and CDL license eligibility requirements
•Federal Regulations require that students can respond to and  comprehend official commands/inquiries and make entries on reports.
•Must have a valid Class C license and an acceptable driving record.
•Tuition assistance available for eligible applicants: CE Financial Aid
•The average starting salary in the DFW area is $46,960 annually (source:   O*NET OnLine).

*Subject to factors including passing the pre-trip, inclement weather, etc. 

Interested applicants must apply as a new Collin College Continuing Education (CE) student

STEP 1: If this is your first time as as Collin College student, please complete an admission application.

STEP 2:  Within 2 business days you will receive an email with your Collin College ID (CWID) and password. The CWID is necessary when registering for the course and/or applying for financial aid.

Students will attend in-person classes at the Farmersville campus and attend hands-on training at the truck yard located in Greenville, TX:

Classroom sessions are held at Farmersville Campus, 501 S. Collin Parkway, Farmersville, TX 75442 
Hands-on truck driving sessions held at 6500 Monte Stratton Parkway, Greenville, TX 75402.

A payment of $4,600 must be paid in full at the time of registration for both Professional Truck Driving I and II.  Failure to pay or make full payment will result in being dropped from course the next business day.

*The Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam, permit, and license are not included in tuition.

Financial Aid is available for CE courses through the Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG). 

For additional information apply for CE Financial Aid  

Additional financial funding options:

Get assistance in navigating your future! Personalized career advising, job fairs, online workshops, and more.

The Collin College Career Center services are available to CE students at both Farmersville and Courtyard Campuses:

Courtyard Campus                                                                                          
Career Center Manager: Adam Clawson
Phone: (972) 881-5194
Farmersville Campus                                                                                    
Career Center Manager: Dr. Dawn Gomez                                         
Phone: (972) 549-6425   

1.  How is the course conducted?  
The 200 hour Professional Truck Driving / CDL courses are divided up in 2 parts, CDL Part I and Part II for a total of 4 weeks of classes. The first week of classes will be in classroom followed by hands on driving instruction at the truck yard.

2. What is the tuition?                                                                                     
CDLT 9050 Professional Truck Driving I/ CDLT 9055 Professional Truck Driving II. Course fee $4,600 (Part I $2300 + Part II $2300)

*The Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam, permit, and license are not included in tuition. 

3. Where is the training conducted? 
Truck driving trainings are conducted at two locations:
  • Classroom sessions are held at Farmersville Campus, 501 S. Collin Parkway, Farmersville, TX 75442 
  • Hands-on truck driving sessions held at 6500 Monte Stratton Parkway, Greenville, TX 75402. 

4. Who qualifies for the program? 
The professional truck driving course is an open enrollment course and students do not need      preapproval to register.  

• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
• Must be able to read, write, & speak English
• Received and passed a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam
 6. Is there job placement after I complete the program?                             
We do not provide job placement after completion of the program but our Career Center is open to all students to assist in resume writing and job search.

7. Are any endorsements included with the training? We are an approved provider of the Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HME) and the required training is in included in Part I.  Also, two additional endorsements are included with our training: endorsement T which authorizes towing two (double) or three (triple) trailers over a specified weight (CDL only) and endorsement N which authorizes the operation of a tank vehicle.   However, please note that we do not administer the test for any endorsements.  The student can take the tests at the DPS at his own expense after earning the CDL. Click here for more information on the HME endorsement.  Click here for more information on all endorsements.