All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
HLTH 1091 is a preparation course for the A&P Assessment Exam. The exam can serve as a prerequisite for BIOL 2401 Human Anatomy & Physiology I.
Students will learn:
- the metric system of measurement,
- basic chemistry of elements and the structure, function and properties of different types of biomolecules,
- levels of organization in multicellular organisms and the structure and function of eukaryotic cells,
- the role of ATP and the chemical reactions involved in its synthesi,
- the process of cell division and protein synthesis, and
- the overall functions of the major body systems in humans