Welcome back, students! All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually,
blended, or in person.
View the College COVID-19 Restart Plan
Interested in CNA, EKG, Phlebotomy, or PCT Certification?
Attend one of our upcoming online information sessions:
|Monday||October 19th||4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||November 5th||10:00 a.m.|
|Monday||November 16th||10:00 a.m.|
|Wednesday||December 2nd||12:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||December 15th||10:00 a.m.|
To receive your Zoom meeting link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the meeting date you would like to attend.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
The Health Professions Department includes the Health Professions Certificate and Degree Programs, the Health Science Academy in Plano, and Dual Credit Health Science courses.
Clinical programs are available in the following tracks:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Track
- Electrocardiography (EKG) Technician Track
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Track
- Patient Care Technician (PCT) Track
- Phlebotomy Technician (PHLEB) Track
Students may pursue academic awards (AAS, Level 1 Certificate, and/or Occupational Skills Award [OSA]) in any of the five Health Professions tracks. The awards are stackable, so students may choose to start with an OSA and continue to their AAS.
(**Please note: Due to the COVID pandemic, our clinical rotation options are extremely limited at this time. If clinical site hours are not available, students will be provided with simulated clinical experiences and/or lab experiences to allow them to practice the skills required for certification.**)
READY TO APPLY? PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!
Students who are ready to apply for admission to one of the Health Professions clinical programs (CNA, EKG, or Phlebotomy) should carefully read and follow ALL steps listed below. (For information and enrollment in the EMT program, please visit the EMS department webpage.)
*If you are applying for multiple programs, you must complete an application form
(STEP 5) for EACH program.*
**Students who are completing the PCT track must complete an application form (STEP 5) for EACH program and EACH semester. Enrollment does not "roll-over" from one semester to the next. Each semester is considered a new enrollment for students.**
**NOTE: These steps apply to general population and concurrent enrollment students ONLY. If you are a Dual Credit student, DO NOT fill out this application form. Please follow the enrollment process of your school district.**
- STEP 1 - Apply to Collin College.
- STEP 2 - Complete ALL admission requirements (remove all holds from your account).
- STEP 3 - Create a CastleBranch Account (<-- CLICK for Instructions). (NOTE: CastleBranch is a third-party company. If you are having trouble with your account or any of your uploads/submissions, you must contact CastleBranch directly.)
- STEP 4 - Upload ALL Program Requirements to CastleBranch for approval. (NOTE: The flu shot is NOT required for summer term courses, and is not required for admission to fall courses, but must be completed as soon as the new season's shot is released.)
- STEP 5 - Complete your CastleBranch Background check. (Once you have finished uploading your immunization records and other program requirements, you will need to complete your criminal background check utilizing the attached instructions.)
- STEP 6 - Complete the Health Professions Application Form. (NOTE: Please ONLY fill out this form if you have COMPLETED your Castlebranch account requirements AND you are prepared to enroll and take the class in the next 1-2 semesters.)
- STEP 7 - Once you have completed the form AND all of your CastleBranch requirements have been approved, you must email Dr. Westcott to verify your application and clearance for admission to the program. (Note: If you do not email Dr. Westcott, your spot in the program is NOT guaranteed. Program admission is based on completion of all required admission steps and availability of seats within your chosen course.)
- STEP 8 - WAIT for an email on your Collin email account from Dr. Westcott or her Administrative Assistant, Tina Butterfield, stating that
your department permits have been applied to your account. (Note: Department permits will not be issued until at the very earliest AFTER the early admission application deadline has passed. See below for specific dates.)
- STEP 9 - Register and pay for your classes on CougarWeb. (Note: Students who do not register and pay for their classes within one week of permitting may forfeit their position.)
- STEP 10 - Order your program textbook and scrubs ONLINE from the Collin College Bookstore.
Health Professions Application Deadline Information:
The Health Professions Application Form is always open for students to complete.
Early admission permitting will ONLY be offered to students who have completed Steps 1-7 (see "Application Process" steps above) BEFORE the Early Admission Deadline has passed (see dates below).
IF there are still spaces available in the clinical courses following the Early Admission Deadline, students will be permitted for enrollment on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
Early Admission Deadline = 1st Friday in July
Application Deadline = 1st Friday in August
Early Admission Deadline = 1st Friday in November
Application Deadline = 1st Friday in December
Early Admission Deadline = 1st Friday in April
Application Deadline = 1st Friday in May