All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
IV Therapy Certification
This IV Therapy Certification course is designed for LVNs, RNs, and other licensed healthcare professionals who are interested in learning or refreshing their IV therapy skills. This course will provide basic theory and techniques of venipuncture, intravenous (IV) infusions, and blood drawing from IV lines. Additionally, basic information regarding venous system physiology, fluid, electrolytes, blood, blood products, total parenteral nutrition, lipids, and complications of IV therapy will be covered.
Students will complete 16 hours of clinical lab with instruction, practice, and checkoff. Lab supplies are included in the cost of tuition.
- Discuss theories and techniques used in the skill of IV therapy
- Demonstrate appropriate venipuncture techniques
- Discuss complications of intravenous therapy
- Explain functions of electrolytes and IV fluids
- Document insertion and ongoing assessment of IV site
Click here for schedule options.